PARADE ROUTE & SCHEDULE - 2017
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Below is a brief schedule of events. Click here to download this year's schedule.
- 7:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. The Lamorinda Sunrise Rotary Pancake Breakfast In the park/Community Center, 28 Orinda Way
- 7:55 a.m. Flag-raising Ceremony at Flagpole in front of Community Center
- 8:00 a.m. Haley’s Run for a Reason participants meet in front of the Community Center
- 8:45 a.m. Parade participants arrive for assembly at BART parking lot on the East Side of Camino Pablo
- 9:00 a.m. Friends of the Orinda Library Book Sale In Library Breezeway, 26 Orinda Way
- 10:00 a.m. Parade Begins, in front of WELLS FARGO BANK, 80 Moraga Way
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Community Park Activities Occur, 28 Orinda Way
- 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Theater Side Party - ALMA music groups perform at the entrance to the Orinda Theater. See below.
PARADE ROUTE MAP, DIRECTIONS & PARKING
If you are interested in the parade route and possible parking locations, a detailed Map of the parade route and street closures is available by clicking here.
- The westbound Highway 24 on ramp (east side of Camino Pablo) will be closed during the parade from approximately 9:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
- One northbound lane of Camino Pablo will remain open.
- The southbound lanes of Camino Pablo with the on/off ramps on that side of the street will remain open.
- Moraga Way from Wells Fargo Bank to the Davis Road intersection will be closed from 9:45 a.m. - 11:45 a.m..
- A portion of Santa Maria and all of Orinda Way will be closed from 9:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. for the Parade and Community Center .
- Highway 24 access for both on and off ramps will be available from St. Stephens Drive.
Parking: Street parking will not be available along the parade route on Moraga Way or on Orinda Way. All other street parking is available as well as Orinda BART’s west parking lot. For handicapped parking, drivers may drop off people in front of the Community Center on Orinda Way up until 9:00 a.m.
ALMA Music Groups to Perform after the 2017 July 4th Parade
There will be a special performance by musicians from the ALMA School of Music & Arts after the July 4th Parade. Don't miss this group at the entrance to the Orinda Theater after the parade.
Piccolo Napoli Serving up Snacks after the Parade!
A tasty offering of Italian delights from Orinda's own Piccolo Napoli from 11:15 - 1:00PM in front of the Orinda Theater.. Check it out!